Happy Holidays everyone from your Board of Directors and welcome to our first edition of Corsica Currents,
our new monthly CRYC Newsletter. We hope to keep these monthly
newsletters short to give you some details about what the Board of
Directors has been working on as well as details about upcoming events
and events in the past month.
In this edition, you'll see the Committees that we've established to
help run the Club. It is my hope that many of you find the time to
participate on a Committee, so please reach out if one interests you. It
is our goal to sustain these Committees long-term to help divide up the
Club's work load and provide a path for eventually serving on the Board
of Directors. Yes, this is a small recruitment message :)
For those eager to see our CRYC Annual Newsletter, we've created one and
made it available for you to read on our website. Joe Della Barba has
created a Newsletter link on the main webpage. Click that link and it
will take you to a new page where our current and previous newsletters
will be stored. Click <here>
for the 2016 Annual Newsletter. We hope you enjoy reading about last
year's events. Thank you to all the volunteers that made 2016 another
year to remember.
The Board of Directors met this fall to
make plans for a successful 2017. Committees have been formed and
tentative dates for several events have been set.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
- Winter Social, March 11 - Look for details in January.
- Boat Work Party, March 25
- Semi-Annual Meeting and Flag Raising to Open the Season, April 29
- Spring Regatta, May 20
- Open House, June 3
- Fireworks, July 3
- Annual Regatta, July 21 - 23
- Rock Hall Yacht Club Social, TBD in August
- Junior Regatta and Pumpkin Patch Regatta, September 9
- Crab Feast, September 24
- Fall Sailing Series, September 17 - October 15
- Annual Meeting, October 22
- Boat Work Party, October 28
- Comet Pumpkin Bowl, November 4
- Site Closing Work Party, November 12
Board of Directors:
- Building & Grounds / Boats, Mike Hollis & Mike Sipes
- Race, John Foster & Art Silcox
- Social, Jessie Keating
- Communications, Joe Della Barba & Gayle Jayne
- Membership, Gail Owings & Byron Luna
- Junior Sailing, Wick Dudley
- Annual Regatta, Andy Wood
- Finance, Joe Doll
If you are interested in helping with any
of these committees, please contact the committee chairperson or simply
reply to this email. We welcome your help, even if you can only
give a small amount of your time.
Building and Grounds Committee Report
Closing weekend went well with approximately 20 folks turning out.
Thanks for the hard work.
- Water and electricity are off until sometime in April, 2017
and Galley have been secured for the season. Padlocks were placed
on the heads to ensure that the toilets hold no surprises next spring.
- If you visit during the off season please continue to pack out your trash – there is no trash service.
are seeking a few individuals to construct 2 boat racks similar to the
racks currently in use at the club. Please contact Mike Hollis ( email@example.com
) if you are interested in either the foreman job or simply wielding a
saw / hammer. We will pre-cut lumber over the winter. Installation
will commence in the Spring.
addition to the above project, some help is needed to repair or
possibly replace sections of the existing boat racks. They suffered
damage in one of the wind storms this past Fall.
are also seeking one or two individuals to work with Sandy Downes to
strip Comet 3561 in preparation for re-painting and re-rigging. Only
common sense and a few hand tools are required.
- We really need some individuals to step up and take on these relatively easy projects over the winter.